We did it! After months of work and many, many hours of coding, testing and (admittedly) a bit of hair pulling, we have fused the connectivity of WebRTC to the streaming capabilities of Red5 Pro! Adding to our already extensive list of integrations, WebRTC allows for cross-platform, real-time communications without plugins. It even allows for enhanced security with end-to-end encryption between endpoints. Where Red5 Pro's WebRTC implementation really shines is with super low latency live video delivery to hundreds of thousands of viewers. We believe that WebRTC is the future of interactive live streaming, and that future is here!
Release 2.0.0 - 12 December, 2016 Red5 Pro WebRTC NOW LIVE!
- Fixed: iOS a/v sync issues with HLS VOD
- Fixed: issues with subscribe-reconnect
- Fixed: red5-shutdown wasn't always stopping the server process
- Fixed: Android - recording didn't orient the stream correctly after camera swap
- Added option to set memory allocation to Red5 Pro * Java process on startup
Known WebRTC limitations:
- WebRTC two-way conversations are very CPU-intensive.
- VP8 only on WebRTC endpoints